Where was this? , any guesses? This was all in the” Anandmela” Joyful festival of India-Redmond. There were Indian dances, music, flee market and loads and loads of Indian food. There were bright colors everywhere, kids were all smiles, busy bees busy shopping, vendors were busy selling, and others enjoying food and young girls and boys dancing. It was a visual retreat to the monotonously tired eyes. Amidst all these, there was one stall in the flea market which caught my attention. I probably stood, long time there, just watching and clicking pictures. The stall space was shared by two, and I did get confused, because there was only one banner put up. I saw a young girl standing, looking towards me all eager, and enthusiastic to introduce herself and the stall to me.
The ice broke when I asked her “Are these two stalls same”? She replied with a pleasant smile,”Oh no”. She introduced herself and the store. The store name was “Aure”. She handed me a handmade card which had her Facebook address and the name of the store.
"Aure" is a graphical Lifestyle merchandise store, that lightens up YOU and YOUR HOME.
They have a wide range of products starting from tea coasters to mobile covers, gift bags to gift tags and summer prints –ready to be framed. I know, you may think what is so refreshing in a customized home décor store? You may find it very common, but there is something nice about these graphical designs. They are earthy, soulful, and colorful. The colors were bright at the same time soothing to your eyes and soul. Most of the designs had Indian shades pouring out. There were Peacock designs, Henna inspired designs, block print designs, Temple designs, and Lord Ganesha designs and one liners\Quotes.
This is “Aure’s Facebook page” https://www.facebook.com/aure4u/info
You can also go check their blog http://aure4u.wordpress.com/
Nice article and nice Pics. You are no less of a home decor master yourself. Good to see something that grabbed your attention!
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Rashmi, It's your love and kind words that keeps me motivated to create more. The event was special for me in ways, It was my first time out there in open from my online world. I got to meet such wonderful people who shared my same enthusiasm for art and colors.There were times when I doubted my own work and was hesitant if it would be accepted by any,The event revoked my confidence :)
ReplyDeleteThanks again for the beautifully written post -It has splashed a huge smile across my face :) :) Your posts are so down to earth and I almost find myself in you at many instances. The thoughts that engulf me in my evening strolls are spoken aloud in your posts and Iam that person who would watch the ants march with a kid for hours :)
Thank you!
It indeed did grab my attention! One of its kinds in the "Anandmela". Very earthy and soulful colours and concepts.
ReplyDeleteThe pleasure is all mine! I would personally choose "Aure" for my house.You are doing an incredible job! So, keep it up.
ReplyDeleteThanks! I always find myself at crossroads which then makes me write.I would infact, watch the ants as well as Aure's upcoming creations!
Way to go girlie!
Wishing, Aure " Busy Days"!
love those posters, especially the devi and temple poster :)
ReplyDeleteI second that! Please check the links mentioned in the post for more such posters.:)
ReplyDeleteThank youuuuu Rashmi :)
ReplyDelete